About...

I'm the other mother - or Momma Deb. Our family is pretty much like every other family in suburbia. The girls go to school, one mom is on the PTA boards of elementary and middle school. The other mom goes to work, paints, writes, and tries to just have a good time raising kids with her partner. This is my third attempt at blogging...

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Introduction to the Reluctant Blogger



Here it is. The New Blog.

Wow. I can't believe it.

This one is called Techie American Girl. Oh, you knew that? Oh, yeah. Of course you did. But. You might ask, "Why?" Or maybe not. I'll tell you anyway.

It seems that my only core competence and claim to fame is that I've worked with computers since you could walk inside of them. That's a fair amount of time. I'm old. Well, I'm getting there - all too quickly, I might add.

I am a conservative liberal lesbian who works at a nuclear test site, and everything around me glows.

Okay, that's a lie. Not everything glows.

This is my third blog. I am not going to tell you where my other ones are. It would give too much away. Those of you who already know me, well, you know me and there's nothing I can do about that. Sorry. I do hope you'll enjoy coming here and blowing off steam. I tend to be a-political until I get something in my craw, and then all bets are off.

Oh. You want to know more about me? Let's see. I have a partner. We have known each other since 1975. I know, that is so long ago I'm sure it pre-dates some of your birthdays. Tough. We lived through some marvelous decades. The sixties and seventies were awesome. I miss those times immensely.

Let's see? What else? Oh yeah, my partner and I have been together since 1993, we've had two children together by a "known" donor. (I still haven't figured out what that means or how to refer to him in polite conversations.) They are sisters who are twelve and ten years old. I haven't decided if I want to give my family pseudonyms or their real names. So, for now, pronouns will just have to suffice. HINT: Anyone who has read my other blog(s) already knows everyone's names.

It's actually more work for me not to name them here, so we'll see how this goes.

Slightly interesting note - my brother and niece have been clamoring for me to start a new blog. I really don't want to keep this one politically or family correct, so they're just not in on this little secret. Neener-neener!

Okay, more business - the look of this blog will most definitely be changing. It sucks right now. Big time. It may suck more later, but I hope not.

If you know of any good blogging templates out there that work good with blogger, please let me know! I'm trolling the Internet...

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back again Real Soon Now. (RSN)