About...

I'm the other mother - or Momma Deb. Our family is pretty much like every other family in suburbia. The girls go to school, one mom is on the PTA boards of elementary and middle school. The other mom goes to work, paints, writes, and tries to just have a good time raising kids with her partner. This is my third attempt at blogging...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thanks for the Germies

It's all her fault.

Megan came home from school last Thursday with a cold. Her left nostril and eye had the faucet turned on full-blast. The poor kid couldn't be more than a few paces away from a box of tissues. But, she was a trooper. Didn't moan or groan. No complaints, although her eye was as red as a summer tomato. Didn't complain as she grabbed tissues to stuff in her pocket when we went out to get her some new shoes.

Those germies came to roost in my nose. In my eye. I have Big Sneezes. I need a containment facility for the germs.

Now Katie's got it, too. Those germies? They're growing wildly in Katie's nose and her eyes.

Megan feels just fine today. I'm so happy for her!

Now I'm worried that we'll spread those little germies to some new friends. We've been invited to the home of the parents of Katie's
classmate, Mitchell. Kandy knows them through PTA, and says they are very nice people. They've never met me. Nothing like a good first impression, eh?

I am afraid that as soon as I walk in their door I'll sneeze a doozy, and they will never forgive us for darkening their doorway.

I wonder when the contagiousness goes away?