About...

I'm the other mother - or Momma Deb. Our family is pretty much like every other family in suburbia. The girls go to school, one mom is on the PTA boards of elementary and middle school. The other mom goes to work, paints, writes, and tries to just have a good time raising kids with her partner. This is my third attempt at blogging...

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day - Now where is the storage space?

Merry Christmas to you, too, Z! And, thanks, T, for the visit and encouragement. I have so much to say, but it stays locked up inside. I am not sure why, nor what has happened. More of that in another post. Blogging used to be easier...

Kandy and I are lying in bed. We're supposed to be watching TV, happily resting after a long day of family togetherness. Instead, the TV is on, but Kan lies next to me softly snoring, and I have my laptop perched on a pillow, while a STTNG Marathon is on in the background.

Megan is out in the living room on the couch, Katie snoozing, snuggled up against her as she plays a video game. Everyone is sated and happy. The house
glows with winter lights, the winds have subsided, and there is no more rain for now.

I am the happy owner of a new, bright red Artisan Kitchenaid Mixer. This is
something I have wanted for a very long time, but just could not ever lay out the money for it myself. I just couldn't do it. Oh, I'd buy the kids or Kandy this and that, but I could never get around to getting that mixer.

Kandy knew that, she's known it for many, many years - I've always drooled for one. Even told her not to spend the money, we cannot really afford the expense. But, since she has, I am a happy camper.

Tomorrow - bread. After that, the sky is the limit!