About...

I'm the other mother - or Momma Deb. Our family is pretty much like every other family in suburbia. The girls go to school, one mom is on the PTA boards of elementary and middle school. The other mom goes to work, paints, writes, and tries to just have a good time raising kids with her partner. This is my third attempt at blogging...

Sunday, January 4, 2009

One Last Fling...

Tomorrow is a work day. Bah-Humbug! We've been home-bodies for nearly the entire holiday and now we were itching to get out and about. Kandy was making noises about driving to the coast - but at this time of year its not pleasant to get out of the car and walk the beach, what with the strong winds and rain. Brrr. I rather like my beach excursions to be more pleasant. Then, I thought Yosemite might be a good drive - but the snow could be a problem.

I was online chatting with a friend when I realized they were in Sacramento. We had never done anything fun in Sacramento in a while, so off we went...!



... to a day-trip to Sacramento. One of our good friends is the Executive Director to the Mental Health Commission, and we rarely see her, so on the road we went. We met up with Sheri and Jules just after noon and took off to the Home and Garden Show a few blocks away. Here's a pic of Katie and Megs - you'd think I had had too much caffeine or something... ?

The show was a bit disappointing - it was about 95% Home and 5% Garden - and I'm being generous to the Garden side. Our shows at the Alameda County Fairgrounds are much better, and cover just about every aspect of H&G. Oh well.

Sheri took us over to the capitol building - I hadn't been there since 1969. OMG, have things really changed. Such modern structures surround the building. But, once inside, we wandered around marveling at the beauty of the
old building. Here's a picture of the California Senate Floor (I think). Notice the laptops?















Lastly, we were in the rotunda, just under the dome. One more picture for you viewing pleasure. We then found a Paesano's - Jules and I drank Fat Tire Ale, watched San Diego bumble their way to a win against the Colts.

What did you do on your Holiday Vaca?