About...

I'm the other mother - or Momma Deb. Our family is pretty much like every other family in suburbia. The girls go to school, one mom is on the PTA boards of elementary and middle school. The other mom goes to work, paints, writes, and tries to just have a good time raising kids with her partner. This is my third attempt at blogging...

Friday, March 6, 2009

A Brief Respite - It's Friday!

First, a shout out to my blog-friends Miguelito and dr sardonicus, whose blogs I enjoy very, very much. It's been a while... I love when you visit. You know, I just want to spruce up the blog-look a bit more, that's all. Still contemplating what I want. Maybe tabs for different things, rather than crowding on one page. Not really quite sure.

And T, I'll teach you how to embed links. It's not hard, really, but sometimes a little painful. Heh.

My first week back to work post-surgery has been unremarkable, I am happy to say. The only surprise that came was on Monday when health services at the Lab called me and said my doctor's orders included "no driving."

Say What?

I received this call while sitting in my office here in town to which I had driven. My doctor had not conveyed that message to me last week. After all, it's my left leg, for goodness sakes.

So, I am currently working 100% from home, which is actually a Good Thang[tm]. I went to my first PT session yesterday, which went well, but I have exercises to do at home between my PT visits. It will be easier to do this if I'm at home 100% of the time. I still have to wear the full leg brace pretty much 24x7, including at night when I sleep, but that part (sleeping with the brace on) ends next Thursday. At that time I would like to hear a chorus of Blogger Hallelujahs, please. Thankyewverymuch!

It's somewhat difficult to concentrate 100% on working. I feel distracted. Haven't found stride, nor hit on a routine I guess. Working from home is a good thing, but you really must be disciplined to do it well.

It's a work in progress. Much like the leg, I guess!

I'm looking forward to the weekend so we can re-group. I really want to make this time productive and successful, but for now - - -

Woo-Hoo! It's Friday!!