About...

I'm the other mother - or Momma Deb. Our family is pretty much like every other family in suburbia. The girls go to school, one mom is on the PTA boards of elementary and middle school. The other mom goes to work, paints, writes, and tries to just have a good time raising kids with her partner. This is my third attempt at blogging...

Monday, February 23, 2009

In Response to My Readers

I'm watching "Rocky and Bullwinkle" while in the CPM machine. Can't get better than that, can it? Heh.

It's nice to see some old signatures as well as new ones stopping by the comment line. Welcome to StephLove, and to Peg from PA. Peg, do you have a blog? How can I repay the visit if I don't have your blog address? I have enjoyed your comments.

The knee is coming along, thank you. I can put weight on it, and I'm up to about 70 degrees of flex on the CPM. A friend mentioned to me that her surgeon used a ligament from her patella (think she said) instead of a donor ligament. Well, unfortunately, that wouldn't work for me. About 32 years ago the original injury occurred when I played on an all-navy softball team. It was a Lesbian-Honored pass-time, although so many words were not said in those days. I was sliding into 2nd when the opposing player jumped up to catch the ball coming in from center field. Unfortunately for me, she came down right on top of my leg, dislocating the knee cap and a sundry of other injuries. The ligament over the patella at that time had to be re-attached to my tibia. Not fun. 7" scar on the front of my knee to show my battle wounds for the rest of my life. No arthroscopic surgery in Guam in 1977. :sigh:

The knee held up very well for about 20 years, and then about 7 years ago I was running up a ramp when I tore my meniscus. That slowed me down a lot. Had a clean-up surgery then. The knee was never all that great afterward. Fast forward to about 2 years ago. One of the orthopedic surgeons in our medical group is one of the surgeons for the Oakland A's. Lots of practice, thinks I. So, I started seeing him, procrastinated as long as I could, but then finally took the plunge.

Here I sit. On my butt. It's boring, but I'm very lucky. In a future post I will boast about my lovely wife who has been nothing short of an angel and a saint while taking care of me. And the girls. And the house, and the ornery cats. The woman needs a break!

I've got to come up with a wonderful reward for my lady. If it were not for her, I would be very, very sad.

Hugs, Honey!